October 18, 2011

TWO BEINGS SEEN/MET ON SAME DAY IN HONG KONG


(guest post by my brother Gabriel)

I've been living in Hong Kong for over two weeks now and if nothing else it's a place with a lot to see. I don't mean the sights like museums, I just mean seeing. Dramatic visuals are commonplace and I've even grown fairly accustomed to my window view from our 20th floor apartment, which must encompass at least a hundred buildings (not counting the distant ones), many of them very tall. The view also includes the smallest bit of harbour (visible between two buildings--they'll probably fill that gap soon) and on the occasional clear day, quite a bit of sky. But this guest post is more about close-ups, not about wide angles. And these are two living things I saw close-up today, one right after the other, first the man (who knows Jackie Chan) and then the dog (with legs the size of a log). 



2 comments:

Lindsay Rondo said...

fun post. I'm sure there is plenty to see in hong kong. and this guy is awesome.

Lindsay

p.s. I loved the post on abandoned houses. it kind of makes me feel sad for them.

his little lady said...

that dog is amazing. and that's so cool that the man knows jackie chan. that guy is pretty much rockin' it too with his nice sunglasses!
xo TJ