August 2, 2011

New York Trip Part 1

I arrived back to England this morning after a pretty short flight with pretty bad food. 
I had such a good time on my trip, where I spent most of my time with family in Long Island. I rarely get to see them so we squeezed a lot of fun into the short time I was there. I miss it already!! 
One of the highlights was going to the Alexander McQueen exhibit at the Met. Savage Beauty was haunting, beautiful, eerie and amazing! The installation type exhibits sectioned off into different rooms with different music made each grouping really atmospheric. One of my favourite things was the Kate Moss hologram which they recreated on a much smaller scale than it was originally seen. I stayed and watched it through twice. Beautiful!




After the exhibition we went to lunch and then onto the High Line which was really pretty. It started to rain but we persevered and walked from one end to the other. 

I love New York city so much. The moment I see that skyline I get this great feeling of excitement! 





Now I'm in that weird post trip haze where it's hard to comprehend how you were in one reality and then suddenly in another... and it makes everything seem a little weird! 

No comments: